Vision Forum Ministries
Vision Forum Ministries exists to encourage and equip the biblical family, to train and facilitate fathers leading their families in righteousness, and to provide a forum of events, messages, and resources to assist in your family's multi-generational legacy of faithfulness.
The mission of this ministry is:
1. Turning the Hearts of Fathers to Their Families
2. Proclaiming the Nobility and Glory of Motherhood
3. Reviving the Doctrine of "Women and Children First"
4. Embracing the Blessing of Children and the Sanctity of Human Life
5. Building a Culture of Virtuous Boyhood and Girlhood
6. Reinforcing Godly Masculinity and Femininity
7. Understanding Family Culture as Religion Externalized
8. Teaching History as the Providence of God
9. Developing Biblical Worldview Through Presuppositional Thinking
10. Training Character by Hebrew Discipleship and Home Education
11. Communicating the Applicability of the Law of God
12. Addressing the Ethical Issues of the 21st Century
13. Preparing Men to Stand in the Gates
14. Encouraging Unity Between Church and Home
Doug Phillips is a sinner, saved by grace. God was pleased to place him in the home of Howard and Peggy Phillips, two outstanding parents who loved him and poured their lives into him. His father personally discipled Doug for much of his life.
As a young man, Doug was also discipled by Robert Gifford, a great preacher of the Word and pastor of Sovereign Grace Baptist Church, who communicated to Doug a passion for Christian apologetics and the sovereignty of God.
In the Fall of 1998, Doug and his wife, Beall, founded The Vision Forum, Inc. in San Antonio, Texas, devoted to producing books and tapes to help build up Christian families. Later, they founded Vision Forum Ministries (non-profit 501c3), a ministry designed to communicate a vision for the restoration of the Christian family and the rebuilding of culture for the glory of God. Much of Doug's time is spent teaching with the hope to spur on Christian manhood and sacrificial fatherhood and to see dads turn their hearts to their wives and children.
In addition to editing and writing numerous books, Doug founded the Witherspoon School of Law and Public Policy, The Christian Boys' & Men's Titanic Society, the National Center for Family-Integrated Churches, the All-American Boy's Adventure Catalog, the Beautiful Girlhood Collection catalog, and the Vision Forum Family Books and Media catalog. Doug has appeared on numerous radio and television shows and has spoken at more than 100 home school conferences in 42 states.
Along with Dr. John Morris, Doug is pleased to be the featured speaker at the Back to Genesis conferences hosted by the Institute for Creation Research, where he holds the title of Professor of Apologetics with their adjunct faculty. Doug is privileged to serve as one of the shepherds at Boerne Christian Assembly, a local church work which boldly proclaims the sufficiency of Scripture, the sovereignty of God, the continuing relevance of the entire Word of God to all of life, the priesthood of the believer, distinctively Christian education, and the importance of family-reinforcing local churches.
The greatest joys in Doug's life are his wife Beall and the eight children that God has graciously given to them: Joshua, Justice, Liberty, Jubilee, Faith Evangeline, Honor, Providence, and Virginia Hope.
Vision Forum Ministry
4719 Blanco Road
San Antonio, TX 78212
Vision Forum Ministries website is: visionforumministries.org